Board Roles & Responsibilities
The Board of Directors is responsible for the governance of Al-Tajamouat for Touristic Projects. Its job is to protect & enhance the organization’s capacity to serve shareholders and the communities by helping management develop company policies and strategies, and monitoring the company’s financial performance and the success of its strategies and services.
Role of Chairman
- Ensuring the Board provides leadership and vision to the company
- Ensuring that the Board is participating in setting the aims, strategies and policies of the Company.
- Promoting the highest standard of corporate governance
- Ensuring Board minutes effectively reflect Board decisions.
- Ensuring that directors are provided with sufficient and timely information
- Approving the Board agenda, incorporating any feedback from the CEO and legal Board Secretary.
Role of Chief Executive
- Defining and advocating Al-Tajamouat for Touristic Projects Plc.' organization, values and culture
- Executing the Company’s overall strategic plans and ensuring that objectives set by the Board are met
- Directing and finalizing Al-Tajamouat for Touristic Projects Plc.' development strategy and approving and endorsing all final investments and projects
- Providing input and ensuring the development of an effective and dynamic organizational structure that is well-suited to the Company’s strategic goals
- The Vice-Chairman acts as a deputy to the Chairman and supports the Chairman and Chief Executive in setting and achieving strategy. If need be, the Vice-Chairman fills in as the contact person to management and directors.
- Whilst at all times, the Board of Directors retains full responsibility for guiding and monitoring the company, in discharging its stewardship it makes use of committees. Specialist committees are able to focus on a particular responsibility and provide informed feedback to the board. To this end, the Board of Directors has established The Executive Committee, The Compensation Committee, and the Audit Committee.
- Board Secretary: the job of the Board of Directors Secretary is to serve as a liaison between the members of the Board of Directors and other public agencies, and the general public concerning the operations of the company. The Secretary is responsible for determining good information flows within the Board of Directors and its Committees and between Al-Tajamouat for Touristic Projects Plc.’ Management and Board of Directors as well as advising the Board of Directors through the Chairman on all governance matters.